Sunday, December 03, 2006

RAINCHECK

I saw her look at me when I came out of MandS and we passed each other in the street. She was wearing a red coat and blue jeans. She was tall, had blond hair, was wearing a hat, she was eating something and had a carrier bag hanging from one of her wrists.
I walked up the steps alongside House Of Fraser and stopped at the Nationwide cashpoint, got some money.
Taking the note out of the machine I saw, in the right corner of my view the woman above. She must’ve walked round the outside of, or through, House Of Fraser, for our paths to cross so soon after the first time.
She walked in front of me down to the subway through the Pit and up the steps to Stokes Croft.
Near the music shop I said, ‘excuse me,’ and got her attention. ‘Do you want to come back to my place? I’ve got a bottle of wine, some smoke, and we could have some fun.’
She turned to face me and said, ‘I’d love to but I’m on my way to meet someone, can I take a raincheck?’
‘Yes,’ I said, ‘of course.’

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 04, 06:06:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Bentalls has been House of Fraser for years

 
At Mon Dec 04, 10:47:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

why are you telling me this?

 
At Tue Dec 05, 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was just a dream . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home