Monday, March 19, 2007

COLD OUT THERE

‘Thanks,’ I said to the man held the door for me as I got in the bottom lift.
‘What floor?’ he asked then pressed both our buttons. ‘Did you see the snow earlier?’
‘No. When was it?’
‘About three o’clock.’
I’d left the flat about three and passed No.4 who was waiting for the lift.
He’d said, ‘it’s cold out there.’
‘Is it?’
‘It’s just tried to sleet.’
‘Tried to?’
‘Well it did, but only a few minutes then it stopped.’
‘Got to be cold to do that.’
As I turned the corner to the doors he said something I didn’t quite hear so I leaned back to see him there, in the entrance to the lift.
‘What was that?’
‘I said, “the wind makes it colder.”’
The man in the lift was saying, ‘it was when I went to pick up the kids from school.’
‘They said it was going to snow but I didn’t believe it.’
‘Nor me. But I do now.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home