Tuesday, April 03, 2007

SHE LIVES AROUND HERE

She was walking near the water when I saw her as I gave a man directions to Trowbridge.
‘You know the best way to Trowbridge?’ I asked two women came jogging towards us.
They looked at each other then one of them pointed up the road, ‘just keep on going.’
‘Keep straight on,’ I said to the man. ‘Over the roundabouts under the railway bridge and through all the traffic lights until you come to a set where you can only turn left or right. Turn right. That’s the road you want.’
And that’s when I saw her.
Walking along by the water.
‘So straight on til the lights I can only go left or right at and I got to go right.’
‘Yeh.’
‘Thanks,’ he said got back into the car and drove off.
What was she doing there?
Oh yes, she lives around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home