Wednesday, August 08, 2007

MY CREW

He passed in front of me as I sat at a table outside Costa’s where I’d just bought a strong black coffee. He carried what looked like a large Costa’s cup.
I thought, ‘I wonder why he’s walking off with that?’
Ten metres or so into the spur he broke into a run and disappeared from view round the corner to the small car park where the Broadmead street cleaners keep their street cleaning equipment.
Why is he running? Then I remembered seeing a Costa’s bowl for tips on the counter and realised it was the tip bowl he’d run off with.
‘See the tips have gone?’ I said when I took my cup back.
‘Oh,’ he said. ‘Not that we get many.’
Later I read the news had appeared on the pavement on the bottom right hand corner of King Square, it said: Jew Boy in my crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home