Wednesday, January 16, 2008

STAR FM 107.2

We were in Broadmead, the eastern spur, a man came over in his hand a microphone, on which was a label said Star FM 107.2.
‘You mind answering a few questions for the radio?’ he asked me.
‘If it’s okay with the Queen?’ I said looking her way and she nodded approval.
‘What you think of the proposed congestion charge the council is thinking of imposing on traffic coming into town?’ he said.
‘I’m not a car owner,’ I said. ‘But I live in town and I’m in favour of anything keeps the level of traffic down.’
‘What about public transport alternatives?’
‘Well, yes,’ I said. ‘But it’ll need more than First exploiting the people. I just got a bus from the other side of Old Market into town and it cost me one-seventy.’
‘What about trams or an underground or something?’
‘Yeh, both. But not on the cyclepath. I heard they wanted to put a rapid transport system down there but it gets used all the time by cyclists and pedestrians and it’s a wildlife route through the city, so not there. A tram down Gloucester Road would work they blew that a few years arguing with South Glos about where the terminus should be. I mean South Glos, what are they doing making decisions affecting Bristol, I’d like to know?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home