Monday, May 05, 2008

MISERABLE TWATS

We were at the St. Werburghs May Celebration and stood watching the Rag Morris dance. She’d laughed at them, wasn’t sure why.
‘I was going to film them, put it on youtube, call it, “TWATS”,’ I’d said when they first started.
‘You could say it was filmed by “Miserable Twat”,’ she said, adding ‘Would it hurt you to smile?’
‘I don’t trust why people walk around with a smile on their face,’ I said. ‘Is it because I’m cynical? I don’t know, but when I see them with what I think’s a hippy grin, like everything’s alright with the world because everyone here’s happy and having a good time, it irritates me, big time.’
‘People smiling and being happy irritates you?’ she said shaking her head.
‘It’s difficult to be around, is all,’ I said. ‘You know, I feel so out of place.’
A short pause - Hey Nonny No.
‘I have to look away when people walk past and smile,’ said her friend who she’d called walked over with arriving a half hour later than we’d agreed to meet.
‘Why’s that then?’
‘I don’t know, I just feel uncomfortable in places like this...’
‘Like what?’
‘With lots of people...you know...and it’s so white, I don't like it,’ the friend said and then, 'That's a relief,' when we left.
‘You two should form a club,’ she said to her friend and me. ‘Call it the “Miserable Twat Club.”’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home