Tuesday, August 05, 2008

SNOT

Well, I’ve got to tell you, though I wish I didn’t but seeing as I’ve stopped retching, only just...
I’m back in the flat after walking in the rain through town, came in to the block, a man stood leaning on crutches behind the inner double doors. He was rolling a cigarette and said when I passed, ‘Excuse me, Sir,’ he said. ‘Excuse me.’
‘Yes,’ I said, thinking, ‘He’s going to tap me for change.’
‘Excuse me,’ he said.
‘Yes,’ again.
‘Can I ask you...’
‘Get on with it,’ pressing the call button.
‘Do you want to buy a Big Issue?’ standing on one leg.
‘No thanks,’ getting into the lift, thinking, ‘Oh.’
‘Okay, thank you.’
As the door was closing behind me I pressed the floor button with my first finger knuckle and...my knuckle slipped off the button, eurghh, ‘What is that?’ fuck, snot on my knuckle, eurghh, disgusting, fuck...a blob of snot on my knuckle, jesus...
...a grey blob of snot on my knuckle, I wiped it on the side of the lift to my right, smeared it across the metal...
I washed my hands for ten minutes when I got home, then ten minutes more all the while feeling sick, trying not to imagine the snot accidentally having got in my mouth, eurghh fuck, I hate it, users spitting, leaving rubbish, dropping greenies, snotting, I mean, do it in your own home is up to you but in the lift?

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 06, 09:24:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

'snot fair

 
At Thu Aug 07, 12:15:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

snot fest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home