Wednesday, January 25, 2006

THANKS LOVE

Left the flat to go watch football at the Eclipse. A man and woman waiting for the lift near my front door backs to me were kissing. I walked down the stairs.
Out the bottom door I heard come from a group of young men some standing a couple sitting on bikes ‘...nice pussy man...’ and, ‘shut up, man, shut up,’ about the young woman wearing boots and blue eye shadow who’d passed me on her way up the stairs to the third floor it sounded like.

Got to the pub.

‘Haven’t got any Gem, love, it’s off, we got Doonbar,’ the barmaid said when I asked for a Gem.
‘That’ll do,’ I said.
‘Ok darling.’
She gave me the pint said, ‘that’s £2:30 love.’
‘How much?,’ I asked (not incredulous).
‘£2:30 darlin’.’
I gave her £2:40 (two £1 coins and a couple of 20p’s) and said, ‘thanks love,’ when she gave me the change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home