Sunday, October 29, 2006

I’LL ALWAYS BE YOUR FATHER

Just managed to get daughter to the station in time to catch her train back from the first visit to me since she’s been at university.
She arrived Friday and had a friend to stay from early evening Saturday until noon today during which time I saw very little of her.
When we got back to the flat on Friday she said, ‘I’m missing a get together at college this weekend.’
‘Oh,’ I said, ‘wouldn’t you rather be there?’
‘If I didn’t feel so secure in the group I would,’ she said. ‘They sent me the invite by e-mail because they wanted me to be included...and there’s no one else could take my place anyway.’
‘If you want to cancel coming here because of something happening at college then do it,’ I said, ‘because I’ll always be your father.’

2 Comments:

At Sun Oct 29, 08:02:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

And what did she say to that?

 
At Sun Oct 29, 11:03:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

she agreed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home