Wednesday, November 01, 2006

THE MORNING AFTER HALLOWEEN

‘I’m surprised he didn’t find those,’ I said when she held the bag open in my direction so I could see the two bottles of beer and a candle inside.
‘Who brought them, you know?’ she said.
‘I think it was one of the twins,’ I said, ‘don’t you remember he brought a mask for her later?’
‘Don’t bother with that,’ she said, when I started running the water for the washing up from the party last night.
‘I could make a start,’ I said.
‘No, it’s alright, you’ve got work, I’ll do it when you’ve gone.’
I arrived at the station on time and made my way to the bridge end of the platform guiding my bike through the pieces of broken glass on the ground and the people already waiting for the train.
At Clifton Down I had a coffee in Gusto’s, the one overlooks the entrance to the shopping centre, before riding the rest of the way to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home