Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A NARROW ESCAPE

In bed just after nine last night.
Having walked to the station from the flats and then back along the towpath in Bath I thought sleep would be easy but I made my way through almost five hours of radio before dropping off and then only for two hours waking at four fifteen. I slept again from six ten to six thirty when the alarm woke me.
I felt full of energy and decided to go to work. I walked to the station all the time thinking, ‘I shouldn’t be doing this,’ and the same as I bought my ticket from one of the machines.
I sat in the cafe, Bonapartes, cold and damp from sweating all the way there. When I got on the train I sweated more and started to cough, which was painful.
‘What the fuck are you doing?’ I said to myself, ‘it’s cold outside, you’re damp, coughing...you could get pneumonia, and all because you feel so guilty about missing work.’
I looked at the station clock said two minutes to go turned to the man next to me who was listening to something on an ipod.
‘Excuse me,' I said, 'excuse me,’ and got off the train when he moved out the way.

3 Comments:

At Wed Jan 10, 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Maria Manuel said...

... and what happened after that? Are you ok?
(I hope you have a nice boss! :-) )

 
At Wed Jan 10, 05:43:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Get Well Soon

 
At Thu Jan 11, 08:55:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I hope the new post answers some of your questions...
she is a nice boss but she's been irritating me recently...and she walks too fast

 

Post a Comment

<< Home