Saturday, February 03, 2007

A BORING BIT

‘I’ve had a problem with my clutch,’ he said.
‘I know,’ I said. ‘I’ve been reading about it, your on-going car troubles.’
‘Think I might’ve gone on enough or too much about it,’ he said.
‘No, no, it’s really interesting...and anyway who am I to criticise the reporting of life’s boring bits...’
‘...that’s what I’m doing and life’s like that...’ he said opening the door on his way to the toilet.
‘...exactly, and, like I said, “who am I to criticise...” when I write, “I got in the lift and said, ‘hello,’ and he said, ‘hello,’ and the lift went down,”?’
‘Exactly,’ he said.
He left the room.
I went into the kitchen, put the kettle on for a herbal for him, ‘well if they’re both the same, I’ll have the organic,’ and a black tea (bag left in) for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home