Sunday, March 04, 2007

THE DEAD SOFAS

Ground to my floor takes twelve seconds less in the new lift than it did in the old. I timed it tonight on my way back from seeing a very loud rock ‘n’ roll/blues three-piece at Mackie’s on Stokes Croft.
A man lives in the block told us about the gig as we came out of the lift out this morning on our way to Kino’s for breakfast.
He said, ‘we’re playing tonight. Probably start about nine.’
The band was called The Dead Sofas and it turned out the man who told me about the gig wasn’t actually a playing member. He came up to me during a break in the music as I sat in the bar watching the fish in the fishtank opposite.
‘We practice in my flat,’ he said.
‘Had any complaints?’
‘Have you ever heard us?’
‘No.’
‘If you do, let me know.’
‘Okay. Thanks.’

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 05, 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell him if he ever hears you playing
hoover he should let you know. .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home