Tuesday, March 20, 2007

HARDER

She left a message on my mobile: I wondered if you knew they’re demolishing that Audi art place on Cheltenham Road was the art gallery I’ve just gone past it on the bus they’re really in the middle of it and you can see all the grafitti inside it’s a great photo opportunity.
I went down and saw what they were doing. I filmed and took photographs. My hands got very cold.
As I left the scene I asked one of the workers was the other side of a fence had been erected around the demolition site if all the buildings were coming down.
‘Not these,’ he said of the two buildings facing Cheltenham Road. ‘They’re listed.’
The man in the lift was the older of the three of us going up said, ‘it’s cold out there isn’t it?’
‘My hands are freezing.’
‘I can’t believe it’s gone so cold after all that warm weather.’
‘I’m suffering.’
‘My throat’s dry and I think I’m coming down with something.’
‘I’ve already got something,’ I said.
The older man got out halfway up leaving me and Big Man.
‘It’s the weather changing keeps the colds coming back,’ said Big Man. ‘I know someone has had some sort of cold for months.’
‘It makes work unpleasant,’ I said.
‘Makes it harder,’ said Big Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home