Wednesday, May 02, 2007

HEART ATTACK

Last night I was sat in my comfy chair.
A sharp pain in my chest like someone squeezing my heart as they pushed a knitting needle through it. It was hard to breathe.
I got out of the chair on to the floor lay down tried to breathe deeper but my chest got tighter.
‘It’s a heart attack.’
Something stuffed down my throat.
‘Shit. It’s a heart attack.’
My chest fit to burst.
Swimming in Bishopston pool I pushed my self too hard - considering I’d not swum for so long - and had to stop because of a pain in my chest and difficulty breathing like now.
Back then I recovered in a half hour.
But that was over fifteen years ago.
Today, twenty-four hours after lying in bed with dying on my mind, my chest still feels sore and a little tight.

2 Comments:

At Thu May 03, 05:28:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Have you sent a link to your doctor?

 
At Thu May 03, 07:47:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

well I went to the doctor to see what he'd say
and he said 'son, son I'll tell you no lie
I'm not your doctor'
so I said 'thank you doc but I want a second opinion'
and he said,
'I'm not your doctor,'
and I said, 'thanks'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home