Sunday, July 08, 2007

DOG

The lift stopped on Three on the way down.
‘You see that dog?’ said the man got in.
I looked to where he pointed at the dog was between the doors to the stairs.
‘That’s a big one,’ I said.
‘A crossbreed,’ he said, ‘and I don’t like dogs.’
We got down to Ground the door opened and there was the dog at the bottom of the stairs on its way out.
‘Do you mind?’ said the man moving back into the lift and pressing One.
‘No,’ I said. ‘I’m not keen on dogs...especially that size.’
The lift went up.
‘He a friend of yours?’ I said. ‘Does he live on your floor?’
‘No.’
On Ground the man walked in front of me to the exit peered round the corner checking the dog was gone.
He held the doors for me on our way out, 'sorry about that,’ he said.
‘No worries.’
‘Thanks.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home