Thursday, August 09, 2007

KIDS, AY?

‘Ride faster, you wanker,’ the young man shouted through the open window of the front passenger seat as the small metallic blue car passed me at the top of Park Row going down.
At the red light at the bottom of St. Michaels Hill the car stopped and I could see there were at least four people inside.
‘Stuck in traffic, are we?’ I said as I rode past on the inside.
The young man shouted a tirade and when I looked back he was leaning out the window hanging on to the roof of the car and gesticulating too.
I freewheeled through the lights and arriving at the BRI locked my bike outside the main entrance.
The young man shouted some more as the car passed near to where I stood. I saw him doing his thing through the crossing at the bottom of the hill.
I yawned.
Kids, ay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home