Friday, November 16, 2007

LOST NOT LOST

It said it was M home on the screen of my mobile. I hesitated a moment then pressed answer.
She said she’d lost the dvd I’d sent her and wanted to find it before she called. I said I’d send her another one.
‘You know what’ll happen don’t you?’ she said. ‘That one’ll arrive then I’ll find the other one.’
‘Leave it on a bus or something, if you do.’
‘Anyway, I’d better go,’ she said. ‘He’s banging on the door so he must be hungry.’
‘I’m glad you rang,’ I said. ‘I thought I’d lost you.’
When I got home there was a message from her on my landline:
Hi it’s M, ok? sorry it’s been absolutely ages since I’ve been in touch, I’m really sorry, erm, I’m going to try, I’ll try you on your mobile as well so might talk to you later on, erm, on the mobile but if not I’ll try you again later on this evening, on this line, ok, erm, hope you’re well and everything and er, I’ll talk to you soon, bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home