Thursday, November 01, 2007

PERHAPS

‘Is that enough milk?’ I said as I handed him the mug of tea.
‘Perhaps a little more,’ he said.
I poured into the mug a little more milk then said, ‘How’s that?’
‘Perhaps that’s a bit too much now,’ he said and smiled.
‘Oh,’ I said. ‘It’s so difficult to know how much milk to put in someone else’s tea. I don’t have any in mine.’
‘Perhaps we have the right amount between us,’ he said.


and for those of you wanting to read it in German

VIELLEICHT

"Ist das genug Milch? "Ich habe gesagt, wie ich reichte ihm die Tasse Tee.
"Vielleicht ein wenig mehr", sagte er.
Ich strömten in die Tasse ein wenig mehr Milch dann gesagt: "Wie ist das?"
"Vielleicht ist das auch ein bisschen zu viel jetzt", sagte er und lächelte.
"Es ist so schwierig zu wissen, wie viel Milch, um in fremde Tee. Ich habe keine in der Mine. "
"Vielleicht haben wir das richtige Maß zwischen uns", sagte er.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home