Thursday, January 03, 2008

ADDICTION

I don’t want to get out of bed today. I have things to do but not for a while so I can lie here my head on the pillow staring out the window at the block opposite, roll over look the other way all the while listening to the radio...
...Woman’s Hour, interview with an author of a book stars a shopping centre, is a mystery not a ghost story...
...those things to do are just things to fill time so later I don’t feel bad about myself...is suffering an end in itself, a lifestyle choice?
I’ve given up an addiction, not the first, in the past there’s been a period of not knowing how to use the time made newly available by the now absent activity...
...video game addiction in Korea has led to deaths through dehydration and over stimulation of the cerebral cortex, gamers spending days in PC bangs (internet cafes), playing, watching others play, and talking about what they’ve done lately...the best are professionals making a living and being treated like rock stars...recently a centre for the treatment of video game addiction has opened in Holland it being only a matter of time before one opens here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home