Tuesday, January 01, 2008

SLEEPER

‘Do you have any idea how painful it is having your shins broken with a baseball bat?’ I said.
The two women in front of me wondering what my problem was did not speak but kept looking at me sitting my legs outstretched trousers pulled up to show my shins.
A man approached. I went to my room unsure what was going on. A knock at the door and the man women came in followed by the two women. They asked me questions about what I’d been doing the year just gone. I was suspicious of their motive.
‘You’re a sleeper, is what we think,’ said the man. ‘And that you’re on the brink of activation.’
I didn’t know what he was talking about, fell asleep, had a dream...I was a child I’d not been a way I remembered, began to know how what happened to me then had affected my current situation and justified the accusation...when I woke I left them whispering in my room.
Out on the street at the end of a row of shop fronts in sepia a policewoman sat on a motorcycle parked behind a car driven into the one in front. I slapped her face. The way she turned her head to look at me it didn’t seem to be such a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home