Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A BIT OF A LIFT

Godmother said she hadn’t been outside so didn’t know if it was cold but I assured her it was even though I too hadn’t yet left the building.
By the front door before walking out into the sunlight she said, ‘We’re taking our mother to the sea if it’s like this on Wednesday...she’s in a wheelchair so somewhere we can push that’s not too hard...mind you, you’d’ve thought she’d’ve lost weight, her being ninety-two, but she weighs the same as she did when she was fifty...’
‘Really?’ I said.
‘...it takes two of us to get her out the car...one pushes and the other one, usually me, pulls her out on to the wheelchair, which I have to say, you can’t get that close because of how the door opens so it’s a bit of a lift...’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home