Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HELPING OUR ENVIRONMENT

So far I like today.
UP late, worked on my final paper and thought about what I’d said to my daughter last night on the phone when she told me she’d invited a friend to stay tis Friday night.
‘Is that alright?’ she said.
‘Yes, of course,’ I said. ‘Do you want me out the way?’
My mobile rang. It was DB.
‘I’m free the next two Saturdays, you want to get a gig at the cafe?’ he said.
‘I’ll take them a demo now and see what they say.’
That’s what I did and I’ll go back Thursday, see the manager, what he says.
After the cafe the library, took three books back and got a DVD out, then on to Otto’s where I bought a secondhand bass pedal for fifteen pounds.
‘It’s pretty basic,’ he said, ‘but it’ll do the job,’ when I said what I wanted was a dull thud for a beat.
‘There’s a certain glamour, if that’s the right word, to using a suitcase instead of a drum,’ I said.
‘Hmm,’ he said. ‘Character might be better,’ and I agreed.
I put the pedal in the re-usable bag I’d bought at Wilkinsons in Broadmead yesterday. It’s a black light canvas bag in the bottom right corner of which it says, “helping our environment,” written around the top of an image of the globe.
It’s reassuring to know that by simply walking around with shopping in a bag I’m “helping our environment.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home