Saturday, August 16, 2008

DON’T YOU?

A top floor city centre flat. Curtains closed, blinds down.
I know exactly where I am and I feel lost. Mislaid focus, wondering why I’m bothering treading the wheel, round and round and round, really, where is there to go? Do this, make that, go there, say hello, and...then what?
Poverty is an economic relationship and a state of mind.
- fastest over the distance means something to someone...commentators identify with the feats of those they tell us about, encouraging us to do the same, ‘You’re with us or against us.’ - and that’s a fact, folks.
‘How proud are you, Mr. Winner?’ - proud, erect, upright - ‘Not proud at all, you fucking twat, just knackered and slightly disappointed and disturbed at what I put myself through, the pain and deprivation, to feel good about myself, to not feel that all pervasive sense of despair.’ ‘You sound needy.’ ‘I could eat a horse...’
...while Michael Phelps, apparently the greatest Olympian of all time, consumes twelve thousand calories a day cheered on towards a record haul of gold medals by children dying of hunger...
..the emptiness, the bottom line, the place of rest returned to after all distraction is spent...
...you have to do something, don’t you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home