Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WHAT I THINK

‘You want this?’ she said throwing the blister pack of tramadol at me.
‘Might as well,’ I said acting cool after catching the pack, turning it over in my hands, ‘have some now.’
‘I didn’t mean now,’ she said.
I took two tabs out washed them down with the coffee she’d made while I’d done the laundry. Later I'd have two more.
‘This is lovely coffee,’ I said. ‘What is it?’
‘The half price stuff from Wilkinson’s,’ she said.
‘Aah,’ I said, ‘I know it well.’
She e-mailed someone about something as I doodled on the scrap piece of paper with a black gel pen I’d taken out of my pocket.
‘What do you think of zoos?’ she said.
‘Hmm,’ I said, taking time to organise the thought. ‘I wouldn’t like to be an animal in a zoo,’ I said, ‘that’s what I think.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home