Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I DON'T MISS BOOTS

Now I've changed my laundry time I don't see her very often, maybe in town, on the way or way back, But not to talk to.
The caretaking team was picking up litter in front of Frances House as Godmother walked back from Stokes Croft me taking my time to not catch her up, overtake.
She stopped and said, 'Glad to see you earning your money.'
'What you talking about?' said CT. 'I'm always earning my money,' sounded offended, 'I was doing the lifts this morning,' smile on his face.
I thought she might walk on but even by the lift down from Thirteen, I'd got in, and the door closed behind me, she hadn't come into the block.
She might've said to CT and the team, 'You want to be careful, do your job, or I'll get my boys over, give you a hand, and I don't mean helping.'
She threatened to set her boys on a man lived in one of the flats a few floors below her had been harassing a woman lived opposite told Godmother now telling me. 'I said to him, “If you keep on I'll ask my boys to have a word,” I think he heard me,' she said, 'she's not said anything more about it.'
Catching up the way I like on inter-flat gossip: who's getting raided/abused/shagged/moving in or out, how she is, I miss her in the laundry...
but I don't miss Boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home