Tuesday, April 18, 2006

AS ABOVE, SO BELOW

He waved and said, ‘hello,’ from about twenty metres walking on Wine Street with his boyfriend towards me. He used to live in the flats and moved out when it got too much for him.
‘Where you living now?’ I asked.
‘Further up the hill. Got a madman in the flat above...mind you he’s got one in the flat below...’
‘That’s a risk you take,’ I said.
‘They should put all the mad people in one place...actually they probly have...maybe one here, one there, oh I don’t know...where’s there a place in this dog eat dog world...where is my place in this world...hey,’ he said to boyfriend,’ how come you’re shorter than me, you shrinking?’
I pointed at the pavement where boyfriend stood and said, ‘there’s a depression just there, look, that’s what it is.’
Boyfriend, sweeping a hand the length of his body from toe to head, said, ‘it’s here, I’m the depression...oh my god.’
‘Oh my god, you are. We’d better go before you sink any further.’
‘See you around,’ I said.

4 Comments:

At Tue Apr 18, 09:35:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

The word friend comes up a lot in your blogs. I haven't counted how many times.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 09:00:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 09:01:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

yes you're right it has recently...hmm

 
At Wed Apr 19, 09:02:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

instead of someone's name often

 

Post a Comment

<< Home