Monday, April 10, 2006

LOSING THINGS

He was wearing sun glasses coming up the hill slowly towards me as I went to meet her off the bus.
I said, ‘alright there?’
‘Oh,’ he said, ‘I didn’t recognise you without your hat.’
‘I lost it, left it somewhere, don’t know where.’
‘Oh, right, I didn’t recognise you without it.’
‘Yes, thought I wouldn’t get another one, go without, seeing as it’s getting warmer.’
‘Oh yeh, I thought, “who is that?”’
‘Yeh, keep losing things, left it somewhere, probly’d had a few...'
...he laughed...
‘...left my gloves somewhere too but got those back, a mate found them.’
‘That’s funny isn’t it losing things like that?’ held up his walking stick, ‘I’ve left this in telephone boxes before,’ noticed the gaps in his teeth, ‘had to go back, you’d think I’d remember something like this wouldn’t you?’
‘Yeh, guess so. I think I’m losing my mind.’
He laughed said, ‘anyway, good to see you.’
‘Yeh, bye now,’ I said and on down the hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home