Tuesday, April 04, 2006

SHEDDING A SKIN

I’m losing articles of clothing like I’m shedding a skin:

hat: lost;
gloves: left somewhere (might get them back);
the jacket I’ve worn the last few years and called my “handbag”: collar’s come away from the body and, as my friend pointed out, is beyond repair;
left boot: hole in the upper;
trousers: holding up, though my belt’s broke.

‘You need a new wardrobe,’ he said, ‘I’ll buy you one.’
‘Thanks for the thought,’ I said, ‘but I can’t let you do that.’

3 Comments:

At Tue Apr 04, 08:20:00 PM, Blogger sb4444 said...

Have you ever tried walking around wearing a wardrobe?

 
At Wed Apr 05, 01:35:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

no, what's it like?

 
At Wed Apr 05, 09:49:00 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

People look at you a bit funny and supermarket checkouts are a nightmare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home