Saturday, April 01, 2006

I FORGOT

The lift door opened and from one of the upper floors a short woman, one of the elders to say something to when encountered in the corridors and around the estate, came out looked up at me and I said, ‘hello.’
‘Hello,’ she said.
I got in the lift stood at the back after pressing the button to my floor and jangled my keys in my left hand all the way up. In my right hand a carrier bag and in it two bottles of red wine and a dvd.
Buying the wine I was looking at the shelf thinking, ‘what do I fancy’s got a price?’ when next to me heard a man say, ‘forget the price, it’s on offer, but this is a good wine.’
I took a bottle had a look said, ‘oh yeh?’
‘If you want a wine to have with a few friends, some conversation, this is a good wine.’
‘Supposing you got no friends to drink with?’
‘Then this wine is the one for you,’ he said, ‘by the time you finish the bottle you forgot why you opened it.’
‘Thanks,’ I said and took a couple to the checkout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home