Monday, April 03, 2006

DRIFTING

Up early to meet someone outside Bedminster Asda.
‘He’s given money for a drink,’ I said, ‘you want something?’
‘No thanks.’
Got myself a coffee and sat down opposite her at the table. We went through the form she said, ‘you don’t really need to be here.’
‘I had to bring the money.’
‘I could’ve picked it up.’

After she’d gone I tried writing a letter. Working on what I want to say, is there anything to say, any point saying it seeing what’s happened?
Rode to St. Nick’s market looked at bags can hold notebooks, camera, mini-disc. Saw one I liked but not the right colour. Might go back later often takes a few goes buying something for myself.
Money to busker in Corn Street.

Spaced out, shock, floating through the Galleries ate a Gregg’s walking in a familiar state of mind, insulating me, protecting me, letting things come to the surface...
...dreamt the moon on my right as I walked up the street had a blue sky overhead the sun out of view behind the houses on my left...
...dreamt asking which bus’ll get me where I’m going, told it’s not the one I thought, finding the one I needed by looking at a route map on the wall of the bus station...
...dreamt I bought a one-way ticket...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home