Thursday, April 06, 2006

YOU’LL GET A HABIT

Two men joined me in the lift on the ground floor going up. They both had tins of drink in hand, one White Lightening the other HSL. They turned their backs to me and faced the door during the ascent. They were going the floor above mine.
‘How you doin’?’ One said to Two.
‘Yeh, good man, they doin’ right for me down there.’
‘Where? The Hub?’
‘Yeh man, said they’ll get me a bedsit and maybe a flat.’
‘Sounds good.’
‘Yeh man, they said I got to probly stay in the hostel for a bit but...’
‘Jamaica?’
‘Yeh man.’
‘Trouble with that place is it’s full of junkies and alchies and if you haven’t got a habit before you go in you’ll have one in a few weeks with it being all around...’
‘Yeh man, but...’
‘No buts man, I’ve seen it happen to people I know, got no habit stayed there’n got one.’
‘Yeh man.’
‘You wanna be careful.’
‘Yeh man, I will, thanks.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home