Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I CAN’T DO RELATIONSHIPS

‘I can’t do relationships,’ she said, ‘I’m rubbish at them.’
‘That’s bullshit and you know it,’ I said, ‘you’re being self-indulgent.’
‘I’ve heard you say it before.’
‘That’s why I know it’s self-indulgent.’
She was quiet a few minutes then started to cry.
We were due to meet yesterday but she left a message saying she’d hurt her foot and wouldn’t be coming. When I saw her today she wasn’t limping and I said, ‘I thought you’d hurt your foot?’
‘I have,’ she said, ‘I did it wallking. I was angry so was probly stomping and bruised it.’
‘Bad enough not to come yesterday?’
‘Yes...I was going to come, almost got here, but thought all I’d do is cry.’
‘And...?’
‘And what?’
‘And why didn’t you come here and cry?’
‘I didn’t want you to see me being pathetic.’
‘I wouldn’t have,’ I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home