Saturday, April 15, 2006

A JACKET

Bought a new jacket when we were walking around town after meeting the first time since a month or so.
We’d gone round the back of the ruins of St. Mary’s Le Port saw a dome tent pitched between a bush and a stone wall and empty cans of Stella and cider scattered on the ground.
Made our way up to Wine Street, Old City, passing young men skateboarding and one turning forward somersaults before he crossed the road to join a group of friends. Saw a board outside the new Tesco Metro on which was sprayed, ‘free graffiti space.’
A little further along toward the top of Corn Street came across a man talking a Slavic language into a mobile phone and selling various items from a white transit van.
A jacket looked like it might fit me hung on the side of the van. I took it and tried it on. The man ended his call and started to spiel me in English.
I said, ‘don’t give me that just give me the price.’
He did and I paid it.
As I turned to go, he said, ‘last you a lifetime that will.’
‘Yeh, thanks.’

2 Comments:

At Sun Apr 16, 08:13:00 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

"...last you a lifetime"

Is it a suicide bomber coat?

 
At Sun Apr 16, 08:51:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

well, it's got lots of very deep pockets...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home