Friday, April 21, 2006

BREAKFAST

Last down for breakfast this morning and sat at a table opposite the woman sitting there on her own.
‘I didn’t get to sleep until two,’ she said, ‘we went to the nearest pub just over the road. I don’t drink but still, it was a good night, though a bit late for me.’
She looked tired.
No one had told me they were going to the pub but then I’d not made much effort to be friendly and after dinner last night I went back to my room and watched TV for five hours continuous, flicking from channel to channel throughout. One thing a TV binge does is cure me of TV.
She said, ‘I don’t know if there’s anything vegan to eat.’
‘Do they serve or do I have to go and get it?’
‘It’s help yourself over by the counter.’
I brought back mushrooms, toast, a spoonful of baked beans, tomatoes, and a glass of orange juice.

1 Comments:

At Mon Apr 24, 08:28:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

No hash-browns?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home