Sunday, June 18, 2006

BIKE YOUTH

At the bottom of the block going out I stopped and thought, ‘did I shut and lock the front door?’ I couldn’t be sure so went back up to my flat, checked and it was fine.
I’m doing this a lot at the moment. Leaving the flat and might be halfway out or like today all the way before going back trying the handle and key in the lock to reassure myself the door is properly closed.
Couple’a floors down in the stopped lift looked at a youth stood waiting with bike who didn’t move or speak.
A moment still then I moved one step to the right. Youth moved pushing bike before he stopped halfway into the lift.
I looked at him. We said nothing.
I moved another step to the right and he manouvered the front wheel of the bike into the back corner the left of me.
He turned his head to watch the lift door slide shut behind the bike’s back wheel.
We said nothing.
First out of the lift at the ground floor I held the inner door then the outer for Bike Youth.
We said nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home