Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I’M NOT SURE

Back from work this afternoon.
The lift’s still broken. I chained my bike on the railings outside the flats and phoned the council.
‘The lift’s broke and has been since this morning it’s been over seven hours, how about getting it repaired?’
‘A repair order’s gone in twice already,’ she said, ‘I’ll put another one through.’
‘Yeh’d be good to get the bike home sometime today.’
A woman walked past when I was on the phone and the council was speaking and she said as she opened the door to the maisonette walkway, ‘disgraceful isn’t it?’
‘Tell me about it,’ I said and then into the phone, ‘yeh, thanks for your help.’
Up the back stairwell the lump of shit I’d seen this morning as I carried my bike down was gone.
That lump of shit was not the lump of shit I saw a couple of days ago and told you about. That was in the front stairwell near the top and I saw it last night as well with a friend when we used the stairs on our way out to the pub.
‘Is that the shit you mentioned?’ he said.
‘Yes.’
‘Are you sure it’s not human?’
‘No, I’m not.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home