Tuesday, June 06, 2006

RECT

Riding through the demolition site north of Broadmead on my way back home from work I saw the remains of a sign leaning against some of the temporary fencing guides pedestrians and cyclists through the changeable road systems.
White letters about thirty centremetres high on a mid-blue background said, “rect.”
I stopped got the camera out and took a photograph. Then another and was taking a third when a man, wearing a bush hat and carrying a red can of Coke in his right hand, stopped to my left before walking in front of me and said, ‘that sums up what’s happening in this town...I saw it from over the road.’
‘I had to take a photo,’ I said.
‘Nice one man,’ then he walked off said something I couldn’t make out.
‘Yeh, right,’ I said in the direction of his back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home