Thursday, June 08, 2006

MORE CHEESECAKE

When I got to hers I put the cheesecake in the fridge without her seeing and took it out after we’d eaten and been for a walk.
‘You bought a whole one,’ she said when I showed her, ‘I only meant the slices, the individual ones they have.’
‘I didn’t see any of those,’ I said. ‘Is that a problem?’
‘No,’ she said, ‘no, no, no. It looks lovely.’
She took the cheesecake in it’s dish out of the packet and put it on the counter, got two plates, ‘I’ll have the one I bought today at a charity shop, isn’t it lovely, don’t you think?’
‘Yes, it is.’
She cut the cheesecake and put pieces on each of the plates.
‘That one’s mine, that one’s mine’ I said pointing at the larger portion.
‘Stop it,’ she said, ‘you’re starting to irritate me.’
We ate the cheesecake and it was very nice.
This morning I noticed a piece missing from what was left the night before.
‘I had some for breakfast,’ she said.

4 Comments:

At Thu Jun 08, 07:25:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

did she have her cake AND eat it?

 
At Thu Jun 08, 07:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, she had my cake and ate that

 
At Thu Jun 08, 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now EVERYONE'S going to want some!!

 
At Fri Jun 09, 11:30:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

too late

 

Post a Comment

<< Home