Friday, September 08, 2006

BAGS

I went looking at bags in Oswald Bailey. I’d been in there the day before and met a woman was doing the same as me.
‘You got to be tall to do that,’ she said from behind me reaching up and taking a bag from the hook at the top of the wall.
‘There one you want to have a look at?’ I said, ‘I can get it down for you.’
One of the shop assistants came over carrying a long wooden pole and said to her, ‘there one you want to look at?’
‘That one,’ she said pointing and he used the stick to unhook the bag and lift it down to her.
‘Difficult choice, isn’t it?’ I said.
‘The love of mine’s taken the one I was using.’
‘I want one for both shoulders, this one I’ve got only uses one.’
She took a small bag was hers the one she was using lay it on the floor next to the bag came off the wall and said, ‘how do these compare?’
‘I can’t decide,’ I said, ‘you know which one you want?’
‘No, isn’t easy is it?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home