Friday, September 01, 2006

CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?

Sat in Broadmead on one of the black metal slatted benches just within the circle of concrete flower boxes sits around the hub of the precenct I was eating a cheese and onion pasty with a tub of houmous.
A man with a groan sat down the other end of the bench to me and said, ‘can I ask you a question?’
‘No,’ I said, not stopping eating, not looking at him, I heard him get up with a groan and walk off.
Thirty, forty minutes later walking up the western spur a man as he passed me from the opposite direction said, ‘excuse me girls, can I ask you a question?’

3 Comments:

At Fri Sep 01, 06:14:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Did he look like he was selling something?

 
At Sat Sep 02, 01:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like e were begging to I, like

 
At Sat Sep 02, 11:50:00 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

Can't help wondering what the question would have been. He might have asked you the value of pi to a thousand decimal places. You'd still be there working it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home