Saturday, August 26, 2006

THAT’S THE COUNCIL FOR YOU

In the foyer front of the block the people modernising the lift have erected a false wall made out of sheets of ply it looks like, got a door for the workers to get through and has a lock to keep us tenants out.
This morning I said to the man was looking at the four colour scheme options for the block’s facade the Council have posted on the false wall and from which they want us residents to choose, ‘you made a choice yet?’
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘it’s number three for me.’
I held the doors open for him to walk through and said as he passed me, ‘yeh, it’s either two or three for me but it was only a couple of years ago they did it last, wasn’t it?’
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘four or five I think it was.’
‘Oh,’ I said, ‘well, it doesn’t seem to need it yet but there you go.’
‘That’s the Council for you,’ he said.
‘Bye.’
‘Bye.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home