Friday, August 11, 2006

SITUATION

Locked my bike to a bike stand turned round saw him walking toward me.
‘Hello young ‘un,’ he said.
‘JP,’ I said.
We walked side by side along the spur to Braodmead centre.
‘Nice shirt,’ I said, ‘good colour.’
He looked at me, ‘how’s it going?’
‘Shopping for the holiday.’
‘Your daughter going? She must be, what? Sixteen?’
‘Eighteen,’ I said, ‘reminds she’s a child or an adult depending on the situation.’
‘Mine had a difficult time a few years back,’ he said. ‘Her boyfriend was into drugs and she found him dead...’
‘She found him?’
‘Yeh, in their flat they shared. Then not long after his best friend hanged himself.’
‘She find him?’
‘No, but she’s doing alright now, going out with the son of Julie Driscoll, you know her?’
‘No...name sounds familiar though.’
‘Sure you know her, a singer from the Sixties.’
‘The Sixties?’ I said, ‘bit before my time you cheeky sod.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home