Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I SHOULD THINK

Walking through the subway I saw at the left corner at the bottom of the steps that lead up to outside Debenhams a young man sat leaning against the wall begging being talked to by three other young men one on a bike two standing and I don’t know what they were saying it was fast and flat though excited.
Up the slope on the right halfway I stopped to look at a pattern of holes in the surface of the ground and turned left when I heard, ‘you better put your fucking phone on so I can phone you, you fucking twat,’ and saw the young man’d been talking at the corner on the bike.
(She said later it sounded affectionate.)
I turned right as he rode up the slope behind me and from just above where I stood pulled a wheely through one-eighty degrees the front tyre passing close to my face and said, when I looked at him my eyebrows raised, ‘sorry.’
‘Yeh, I should think,’ I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home