Thursday, August 24, 2006

BITCH A MINUTE

As we came through the top outer entrance door a young white man, on each forearm a tattoo looked like one was a big cat leapiing, followed us.
I stopped and turned my head said, ‘you live here?’
‘Er, no,’ he said, ‘I’ve come to see a friend.’
‘You try the buzzer?’ I said, nodding toward where the entry phone was.
‘I have but he’s not answering...’
‘How do you know he’s in?’
‘I know he is, he lives on the eighth floor.’
‘Okay, okay,’ I said and he held the door for me.
When the lift door closed after he’d got out on the eighth she said, ‘I think he was quite shaken, what you said shook him up, it did.’
‘You think I ruined his day?’
‘No, he’ll bitch a minute with his friend then forget about it.’

2 Comments:

At Fri Aug 25, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger baruch said...

When I first read this I thought the man looked like a big cat leaping. I was thinking how brave you were to challenge such a scary looking man.

 
At Fri Aug 25, 09:45:00 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

no, I wasn't brave the proof being if he was seriously scary looking I wouldn't have challeged him in fact he was only so high, a sherbet body and paper feet so I felt pretty safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home