Saturday, October 14, 2006

GETTING TO WORK

We were sat in the Filling Station drnking coffee when he came up to us and said, ‘you got sixty pence, well, sixty-five pence, I need to catch the bus up to work?’
I took out my change and counted sixty-three pence into the palm of his hand then said, ‘give it back,’ which he did then I gave him a pound coin.
‘Thanks,’ he said and we watched him walk off out the cafe and further up Stokes Croft.
‘I didn’t notice the bottle in the bag he was carrying,’ I said and she said, ‘there’s more than one way of getting to work.’

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 17, 01:37:00 AM, Blogger Ladybristol said...

From reading your blogs, which are very entertaining, I think I was in your block of flats the other day. I was visiting someone there and only had the number of the flat. I had no idea what floor it was on or how to get to it. It's like a maze that place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home