Tuesday, November 07, 2006

GIRL FIGHT ON WINE STREET

The cheque from the insurance compensating me for my injuries and bike damage sustained in the accident with the taxi on February 17th earlier in the year arrived this morning so I went to the bank and put it in.
On my way from Baldwin Street to the stationers on Wine Street a sudden movement of people away from the cash point near there was because two young women, maybe late teens early twenties, had started fighting.
They wore tee-shirts and jeans and were pulling each others hair, one had blond the other dark, and were scratching faces, kicking, gouging at eyes, it was very lively and they threw themselves about falling against the wall and then on to the pavement.
‘Stop, stop it,’ screamed a woman nearby who seemed to be dancing, ‘or I’ll call the police.’
Two young men ran over one turned to the other and said, ‘a fight, girls fighting, man,’ then they both laughed as they shouted encouragement.
I watched the women fight. They parted, one of them said something and they threw themselves back at each other.
‘Anyone filming this?’ someone said.
Two tall broad men pushed through the small crowd had gathered, got between the fighting women and pulled them apart.
The blond woman struggled against the man her arms flailing in the direction of the dark haired one.
They calmed down then the dark haired woman said, ‘where’s my phone?’
‘I don’t know,’ said the man holding her.
‘I bet that ginger cunt has got it,’ she shouted, pointing at the other woman who looked blond to me but, whatever, they made another lunge at each other the men held them back.
Later, I saw the blond woman walking across the top of Union Street, a spring in her step, she was on her own.

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 08, 08:07:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

How was it for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home