Friday, November 17, 2006

TWO OLDER WOMEN

As I sat down on the sofa was there for people waiting for friends or family to come out the toilets on the top floor of Debenhams an older woman sat on its right arm said, ‘that’s why I didn’t sit there. I thought if I did I’d never get up again.’
‘I wasn’t sure how far I was going to go,’ I said.
‘That’s the thing about getting old,’ she said, ‘it’s harder to get up when you’re down.’
‘Is that right?’
‘Yes,’ she said, ‘don’t get old.’
‘I don’t want to die young,’ I said. ‘Anyway this time of year you start creaking and feeling the aches.’
‘Oh dear,’ she said.
An older woman came round the corner where the toilets were and said to the woman talking to me, ‘got yourself a man, then?’
‘He’s not very well.’
‘You not very well, then?’
‘I’ve got the flu seems to be going around,’ I said.
‘Oh well,’ she said, ‘you won’t mind if we leave alone will you?’

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 17, 02:00:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Nice to have some attention from older women?

 
At Fri Nov 17, 08:12:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

'attention is attention' as they say, it was lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home