Saturday, January 13, 2007

IF...

‘You’d get more visitors if the lift worked,’ she said.
‘I don’t think it’d make that much difference,’ I said, ‘ever since I’ve lived here you’re one of only two people visit on a regular, albeit, infrequent basis.’
‘If you had more friends,’ she said, ‘you’d get more visits.’
That is probably true but at my age how do you make friends?
‘They’ve plastered the walls either side of the lift,’ I said. ‘Did you notice when you came up?’
She hadn’t so I showed her as she left.
‘Oh yes.’
‘They were here the other day when I went shopping and I said, “is it going to be ready soon?” But they said, “no, it’ll be a couple of weeks yet.”’
‘A couple of weeks?’
‘Yes,’ I said, ‘they still have to do the electrics.’

1 Comments:

At Sun Jan 14, 08:56:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I was there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home