Wednesday, March 21, 2007

SWOB

‘Let me in,’ said the man coming towards me as I got ready to fob the door.
‘No,’ I said. ‘Not if you don’t live here or the person you’ve come to see isn’t in.’
‘I do live here.’
‘Where?’
He told me with details only a resident would know, ‘but I haven’t got my swob, I’ve lost it. I’ve got to go to the office get a new one.’
‘Do they give you fobs?’
‘Yeh. The swob I’ve got doesn’t work down here only at the back.’
‘You need a new one.’
‘Yeh. That’s what I said.’
‘Yeh, you said that you’d lost it and that it didn’t work?’
‘Yeh, that’s right,’ he said. ‘They gave me two swobs when I moved in. I lost one of them and the other doesn’t work.’

2 Comments:

At Thu Mar 22, 05:43:00 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Did you let him in?

 
At Thu Mar 22, 06:53:00 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

yes, we shared a lift. I like sharing lifts. In fact I think lifts are made to be shared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home